Les membred du Cabinentont pris note que les Chagos sera inclus dans une circonscription apr♪8s la présentation d’une motion au Parlement, du Parcours de la Flamme des Jeux, qe le Kermesse aura lieu le 10 Novembre 2019
1. Cabinet has agreed to a Motion being moved in the National Assembly for the Chagos Archipelago, including Diego Garcia, being included in such one of the constituencies of Mauritius as the Electoral Boundaries Commission may determine.
2. Cabinet has taken note that the Chinese Government has decided to remit partially debt contracted by the Government of Mauritius during the period 2006 to 2008, amounting to RMB 78M (around MUR 400M). Cabinet has also taken note that the Chinese Government would give a new grant of RMB 100M, equivalent to MUR 513M to the Government of Mauritius towards implementation of projects to be mutually agreed upon by the two Governments.
3. Cabinet has agreed to the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Norway on the establishment of a Political Consultation Mechanism. The Political Consultation Mechanism would provide a platform for regular bilateral discussions on issues of mutual interest and would also enable the establishment of structured relations between the two countries for an increased cooperation and the pursuit of economic growth with focus on concrete projects.
4. Cabinet has taken note that the Indian Ocean Islands Games torch relay (‘Parcours de la Flamme des Jeux’) would take place from 06 to 19 July 2019 in Mauritius and Rodrigues to rally the population around the Games. Some 5,700 athletes, ex-athletes and volunteers of different age groups have been mobilised to carry the flame throughout 342 localities.
5. Cabinet has taken note that an International Conference on Energy, Environment and Climate Change would be organised by the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Mauritius in collaboration with the Hamburg University in Mauritius, from 2 to 4 July 2019.The aim of the Conference is to provide a platform for young scholars, senior researchers, eminent academics, policy makers and students from diverse scientific background to deliberate on recent developments in the field of environmental science and technology. Some 60 participants comprising teaching staff and research staff of energy and environmental research centres and universities, project officers and consultants in enterprises and PhD students from various countries would attend the Conference.
6. Cabinet has taken note of the election of Dr Manoj Nardeosingh as Secretary General of the African-Asian Rural Development Organisation (AARDO). It is the first time that the AARDO would be headed by a Mauritian national.
7. Cabinet has taken note that the Annual Civil Service Kermesse would be held on Sunday 10 November 2019 at the Gymkhana Grounds, Vacoas.
8. Cabinet has taken note that the Ministry of Health and Quality of Life would celebrate the International Day of Yogaon 21 June 2019 at the Swami Vivekananda International Convention Centre, Pailles in collaboration with the High Commission of India. Some 1200 participants are expected to participate in the event.
9. Cabinet has taken note that in the context of World Hydrography Day 2019, celebrated on 21 June, the following activities would be organised as from 24 June 2019:
(a) an opening ceremony on-board Coast Guard Ship Barracuda and release of a Special Commemorative Cover;
(b) an exhibition of hydrographic and cartography assets, nautical products and recent work undertaken by the Mauritius Hydrographic Service of the Ministry of Housing and Lands at Port Louis and Mahebourg; and
(c) a sensitisation campaign in the Press and radio on the significance of Hydrography in Mauritius and Hydrography/Cartography Exhibition and Lectures in secondary schools.
The theme for this year is “Hydrographic information driving marine knowledge”.
10. Cabinet has taken note of the outcome of the recent mission of the Minister of Technology, Communication and Innovation to Estonia where he attended the Tallin E-Governance Conference 2019. The Conference has been an opportune platform for public officials in charge of e-governance development, Government and ICT decision makers, academics, donor organisations and business representatives around the world, to meet and learn on the different models of digital transformation to design their own roadmap for their respective country. In the margins of the Conference, the Minister had meetings with:
(a) HE Mrs Kersti Kaljulaid, President of the Republic of Estonia and discussions focused on the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding between the two countries. The Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation has been designated as Focal Point for proper coordination and follow up;
(b) Hon Dato Abdul Mutalib Yusof, Minister of Transport and Infocommunications of Brunei Darussalam; and
(c) Ms Minerva Novero-Belec, Policy Specialist in the United Nations Development Programme’s (UNDP) Bureau for Policy and Programme Support who also manages the Estonia-UNDP Cooperation on Digital Transformation as Sustainable Development Pathway.
11. Cabinet has taken note of the outcome of the recent mission of the Minister of Tourism to France where he attended the Cannes Film Festival, along with representatives of the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, the Mauritius Film Development Corporation and the Economic Development Board. The presence of Mauritius at the Festival provided an excellent opportunity to showcase Mauritius as a tourism destination to celebrities, international film producers and the media.
In the margins of the Film Festival, the delegation had meetings, among others,
(a) Mr Fabrice Allard, Head of Registration, Cannes Film Festival and discussions focused on promoting Mauritius as a film destination;
(b) Mrs Laurence Genevet, Director General of Monaco Madame magazine, which targets an upscale French/English bilingual readership; and
(c) Mrs Stephanie Whonsetler from Netflix, who expressed interest to shoot in Mauritius this year.